What is love? Many people search for the meaning of love. We all need to love and be loved. In fact, this word is the very reason you and I thrive in this world. Without love we will all die.
Make him commit and surrender his heart to you, learn how to be “the woman men adore and never want to leave”.
But what is love?
There are four forms of love – the Eros, the Storge, the Philia, and the Agape love.
1. Eros. This is the most primary form of love. It´s an impulse-seeking sensual satisfaction. It´s a passionate love. It´s also known as intimate love or romantic love. This is the kind of love that you have for your boyfriend.
2. Storge. This love refers to familial love. The kind of love that parents have for their children, the love that you have for your parents, grandparents, siblings, and extended family members.
3. Fileo or Philia. This is the friendship love. The love that´s provided by a relationship based on emotional satisfaction. It could refer to the love which fosters companionship and friendship. It also refers to the ideal love for nature, knowledge and music.
4. Agape. This is the selfless love. It´s the highest representation of love. It occurs on principle and not on impulse. It´s given to other even if that person corresponds to a lesser degree. This kind of infallible love is what needed for a marriage relationship.
Paul, the Apostle, explained the supreme love to believers in Corinth 2,000 years ago in a letter.
1 Corinthians 13: 1-10
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
What is true love?
Before we fall in love or commit to marriage, we´re seeking for true love. But in many cases we´ve mistook artificial love with true love.
True love is …
– being patient
– being kind
– rejoicing in the truth
– long suffering
– even more important than faith
– even more important than hope
– long lasting
True love is not …
– being envious
– being conceited
– being proud
– being rude
– being selfish
– getting angry
– being resentful
– rejoicing in wrong
Have you ever found true love in a person? Do you think you´ve ever felt true love for someone? It´s important to remember that if you haven´t found true love in this yet, you´ve already experienced that love. God loves you unconditionally.
SIGN-UP: Find Your True Love Project is a 16-week learning course designed to help you find, attract, and marry the man of your dreams.